Vannin Sports Management Limited has been set up to provide support to young sportsmen and women, initially from the Isle of Man, as they embark on a journey which takes them from an amateur, into the ranks of the very top professional athletes. Initially concentrating on supporting golfer, Tom Gandy, Vannin aims to help smooth the initial part of this adventure by providing business and administrative support to allow Tom to concentrate on playing golf, developing his competitive edge, and working his way through the key stages of the various Tours, hopefully culminating in a place on the full European Tour in 2020.
Vannin Sports Management is the idea of ex-RAF pilot Graeme Gault, local Isle of Man businessman Brian Kelly (who is heavily involved with golf and football on the Island) and Kreston IOM Sales and Marketing Consultant Rosemary Wright. The project grew from an initial chat at a networking event in Dubai to becoming a fully-fledged business with Tom as the lead client.
One of Graeme’s roles in the RAF was as Chairman of the RAF Lawn Tennis Association.He was responsible for both supporting and developing players at all levels, and raising sponsorship funding to augment the limited financial support provided centrally for the sport. More recently, Graeme worked on a consultancy basis for a professional sports management agency.
Graeme Gault Managing Director of Vannin Sport Management Limited commented:-
“There are several agencies who support the top players but at the breakthrough level there are very few and this is where Vannin Sports Management is looking to fill the gap. Through a mixture of crowd-funding, and small-scale sponsorship deals, the plan is that by removing some of the burden of raising funds Vannin will enable the athletes to concentrate on their performances on the course, field, or pitch. We are all passionate about sport, and the opportunity to support a young athlete at the start of their professional journey seemed too good to pass up.”
Vannin Sports Management Limited is proud to be one of the first benefactors of the Kreston IOM Ltd Incubator Programme, working in partnership to help bond business and sport on the Isle of Man. Kreston IOM has been delivering professional and financial services to international and local clients for 20 years, and membership of Kreston’s international network provides access to experts as well as being a gateway to more than 100 countries.
About Vannin Sports Management Limited
- The Vannin website can be found at vanninsports.com or can be obtained from Graeme Gault (contact details below).
- All money raised through the company for the first 12 months will go directly to Tom.
- Vannin Sports Management Limited was registered in February 2018.
- The Vannin Sports Management Limited logo and website graphics can be supplied in electronic form as required. Photos of Tom Gandy and Graeme Gault are also available.
- Graeme Gault has served in the Royal Air Force for nearly 25 years, retiring as a Wing Commander. Primarily a Transport Aircraft pilot, he has been involved in sport in the military for most of that time, as a player, manager, and administrator. The Chairman of RAF Tennis from 2013 to 2016, Graeme has also worked as a volunteer on the Invictus Games delivery team in Orlando in 2016 and as a Consultant for Firestart Sports Management in the Middle East between 2017 and 2018.
- Kreston IOM Limited is regulated by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority.
- Kreston IOM is the Isle of Man’s representative of Kreston International, a global network of independent accounting firms, with a presence in over 100 countries providing a resource of over 21,000 professional and support staff. Website: kreston.im
Contact Details – Vannin Sports Management Limited
M: +44 (0)7545 973799
Contact Details – Kreston IoM Ltd
Sales and Marketing Consultant
T: +44 1624 611926 Office
M: +44 7624 250225